понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

daily prayer




After our food tour, Brain and I did the only thing that made sense... Ate more. We headed to Sticky Fingers, a well known barbecue place in the area. I had a pulled pork sandwich with baked beans and cole slaw. I have to say, I wasnapos;t that impressed. I really like Carolina style barbecue, but Iapos;m pretty sure this was Memphis style. And after being to Memphis, nothing is going to be as good.

We then decided to talk around and eventually ended up down at the Marina waiting for a Fort Sumter tour. By this point, I was pretty exhausted from running, walking and eating all day. We looked at the Fort Sumter museum which actually was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. Soon we shuffled on board a small ferry headed to Fort Sumter. A robotic male voice told us all about parts of the Civil War and what Fort Sumter was all about. It was beautiful weather, so it was nice standing at the front of the boat and looking at the scenery.

About half an hour later, we were on Fort Sumter. We listened to a tour guide explain everything that happened at Fort Sumter. Basically, it amounted to a whole lot of nothing. It was lame. We walked around, I feigned interest in the cannons, and couldnapos;t contain my boredom. We then made it back to the boat in time to take the short ferry ride back. I guess it was worth it to see Fort Sumter, and luckily, we were only at the Fort for an hour. It was still pretty boring, but I knew Brain wanted to do it, so that was fine.

We headed back to our hotel and laid down for a bit. Again, we awoke in time for wine and cheese hour. This time, we decided to drink out on the beautiful patio. The weather was perfect, again I had two glasses of red wine, and again, I felt drunk.

We headed back to the room, where I drunk emailed people and talked on gchat for a while. Then we got dressed to go to dinner at my choice, 82 Queen. Brain and I had decided to each pick a restaurant and the other person would pay for it. It was our version of an anniversary gift since we didnapos;t feel like actually buying presents.

We walked the few blocks to 82 Queen and were seated immediately. I have to say, this was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. We sat outside under a leafy tree and next to a gazebo. White lights were strung everywhere and the weather was perfect. Our nerdy waiter came over and politely took our order. We had she-crab soup and shrimp and grits to start. All of the seafood was insanely fresh and everything tasted amazing. For my entree, I ordered the Seafood Bouillabaise and Brain ordered the Jambalaya. Mine was UNBELIEVABLE. I didnapos;t really know what bouillabaise was, but I knew that I wanted all the seafood I could get. This seafood was sooo fresh. I tried some of Brainapos;s jambalaya which was also delicious.

After the best dinner ever, we headed back to the hotel. Milk and cookie hour was upon us. I had a chocolate peanut butter cookie and some milk and Brain probably downed 4 cookies.

Soon we were out again trying our luck at the local bar scene. From the food tour we had heard about a rooftop bar. We headed there. We took the elevator up to the roofdeck with a sketchy drunk couple and two middle aged tourists from New York. The view from the rooftop was nice although nothing in Charleston is really that tall, so there wasnapos;t much to see. It was still cool though. There was also a swimming pool and some fountains up there.

Brain and I got a glass of wine and decided it was a little too upscale for our liking. We headed to the wine bar down the street, which was comopletely dead and also kind of upscale. We each got a sampler of wine. After that, we were tired and decided, once again, to call it an early night.

car insurance online qoute, daily prayer, daily pray, daily powerball numbers, daily posted.



Комментариев нет: